OS: Windows; IceWarp Server Version: 11/10
SMTP Authentication with Outlook 2010/2013
If you are not using IMAP and have Outlook Sync installed and configured, the SMTP configuration is done automatically.
(screenshots are taken from Outlook 2010)
- Open Microsoft Outllook2010
- Click on File
- Click on Account Settings
- Click the drop down button titled Account Settings
- Click on your email account
- Click on the Change... button
- Click on More Settings
- Select the Outgoing Server tab
- Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Select Log on using
- Enter your username and password for your email account
- Select Remember password
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Ensure the Outgoing server (SMTP) port field is set to 25 which is the default SMTP port
- Click OK
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- In the Account Settings window click Close
- Close Outlook 2010 and restart it.