The digital signature verification failed on Windows 2003 SP2 / XP
Posted by , Last modified by Michael Filip on 27 January 2015 12:31 PM
You have installed Windows 2003 SP2 32-bit version and during installation process of IceWarp server you’ll get this error message:
"The digital signature verification failed. Please make sure you have the complete executable."
Installer is not able to retrieve embedded certificate.
1. Install required hotfixes from Microsoft site.
You will need at least two Hotfixes from MS update site, KB2893294 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=41221) and KB2808679 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=43765). Our recommendation is to always keep your Operating system updated with the latest patches and updates from your OS vendor.
2. Unpack Installer and run setup.exe directly
You will need a program called 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org/). Download and install it then rename Installer package to have .7z extension (e.g. IceWarpServer-184.108.40.206z) and open it. Extract the content of this archive somewhere and run setup.exe to start installation.
- Microsoft Windows 2003 SP2 32-bit (x64 installations are NOT affected).
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 32-bit (x64 installations are NOT affected).
- IceWarp Server 11.1.1 and later.