Kaspersky: Messages Stop Being Processed By SMTP
Posted by , Last modified by on 13 May 2013 09:35 AM
We have discovered that Kaspersky changed the antivirus engine and does not respect the old engine when pushing new updates to IceWarp Server.
This may lead to conflicts between the update data and the old engine which can cause the SMTP module to stop processing messages.
This problem may affect IceWarp Server for Windows 10.4.x and older (there are separate patches for different versions bellow). Version 11.0.0 and higher do not have this problem.
This problem affects all versions of IceWarp Server for Linux.
1. Download the new antivirus engine from the link below.
2. Stop the All IceWarp Services.
3. Delete the Kaspersky folder in the IceWarp Server install folder and replace it with this new one.
4. Start the All IceWarp Services.
5. Go to the IceWarp Administration console - Antivirus - General and click update now.
Once the new update is applied your system will function normally again. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you.
Linux (all distributions)
NOTE: If IceWarp Server for Linux is not installed in default folder /opt/icewarp/ it is also necessary to change all six paths specified in file kavehost.xml to valid ones.