Once you download Gaim, you'll need to configure your client to connect to your Icewarp Mail Server. Here's how:
- Open GAIM.
- Click 'Accounts' at the bottom of the login page.
- Click 'Add' after the 'Accounts' window opens.
- Enter the following information in the 'Add Account' window:
- Protocol: Jabber
- Screen Name: Joe (name)
- Server: domain.com (This must be the email domain as listed in Icewarp Mail Server
- Resource: GAIM (This is basically a profile name, as you can have multiple connections to the IM service with the same Account.
- Password: we suggest leaving this field blank for increased security, but if you'd like to log in automatically, enter your password
- Alias: Put your Screen Name in this field
- Remember password: check the box if you'd like Gaim to remember your password (you won't be prompted to enter it each time you log in, if you select this option)
- Auto-login: check the box if you'd like to connect to the server each time you use Gaim
- Click the '+' next to 'Show more options.'
- Enter the following information in the section that appears:
- Jabber Options: Check the box next to 'Use TLS if available,' and 'Force Old SSL'.
- Port: 5223 (Icewarp's SSL port for IM)
- Connect server: mail.domain.com or IP Address
- Proxy type: Use Global Proxy Settings
- Click 'Save.'
If you have questions about GAIM, visit their FAQs.